Apology to the People of Iran – Thanks CodePink.org; & WNYPC Stmt
And a Statement by the WNY Peace Center
We are sad, angry, and not at all surprised that Donald Trump and his administration continue to act in an aggressive, arbitrary, untrustworthy, immoral, and destructive manner.
Donald Trump’s withdrawal from the Iran Nuclear Deal has
– shown the USA to be unreliable (see also Paris Climate Accords);
– created more instability in a region already rife with conflict (Middle East/South Asia);
– worked against a regime that has had a verified record of upholding its end of the agreement;
– implicitly supported regimes that have clearly been committing war crimes (Saudi Arabia and Israel; not too surprising as we are also committing war crimes)
– causing strife amongst the Iranian people who have shown good will to the USA through their compliance and diplomacy.
Make no mistake, however: although Donald Trump as President has egregiously withdrawn the US from the agreement on his own authority, his administration is rife with war-mongering, hate-mongering, and working against the common good.
We applaud our colleagues and collaborators who are standing up for peace, harmony, and justice – such as Code Pink (see and sign on to the beautiful Apology to the People of Iran), Voices for Creative Nonviolence, PeaceAction, the Upstate Coalition to Ground the Drones and End the Wars, and many more who are committed activists working for People and the Planet.
JOIN Poor People’s Campaign against War-Racism-Poverty-Ecological Devastation:
Tonight 5:30-8:30pm, Nonviolent Direct Action Training, Rafi Greene Ctr, 1423 Fillmore Ave – come ahead (see previous post for more info)
Trips to Rally in Albany
Monday, May 14 @ 4:00 am – 9:00 pm (the Kick-Off!) – note corrected link
Get on the bus to Albany with the Poor People’s Campaign
Register here bit.ly/nyppcweek1 so that the event organizers can ensure you have the proper information NFTA LaSalle Station Park&Ride 229 Lasalle Ave, Buffalo, NY 14214 GET ON THE BUS TO ALBANY MAY 14TH BECAUSE SOMEBODY’S HURTING OUR PEOPLE, AND IT’S GONE ON FAR TOO LONG.
May 29 ~@ 3:00 am – May 30 ~@ 3:00 am
Bus trip ~ details tbd. This week’s Moral Monday will be on Tuesday so as not to generate more conflict with Veterans on Memorial Day. Indeed, Veterans – our government not supporting our troops; Poor Man Fighting a Rich Man’s War – will be a topic at Albany, as will stopping militarism and transforming the War Economy to a sustainable peaceful and just economy. Call 332-3904 for more details; or email email@example.com.